It’s estimated that there are currently more than six billion tonnes of plastic waste buried in land fill sites or floating on the surface of the ocean. Clearly something needs to be done but what exactly should we be doing?
In this episode of the Science Focus Podcast, Jason Goodyer, commissioning editor of BBC Focus magazine, speaks to materials scientist Mark Miodownik about the growing problem of plastic waste, what we should be doing about it, and why plastic isn’t always bad for the planet.
Listen to more Science Focus Podcast episodes:
- Changing our behaviour with virtual reality
- Transhumanism - using technology to live forever
- Project Discovery and its search for exoplanets
- The future of humanity with Michio Kaku
- How the petrol ban will work, and making psychosis in Hellblade believable
- The truth about dinosaurs