Admission to Horsham Museum and Art Gallery is free. Horsham Museum is situated at the head of the Causeway one of Sussex's most picturesque streets of period buildings. The museum building itself dates back to the 1400's and is well worth a visit alone. With more than 26 galleries covering subjects from local trades to fashion, and prehistory to the poet Percy B. Shelley, the museum has been described as the Victoria & Albert in miniature.
3 July – 13 August 2016
CERTIFICATE OF HIGHER EDUCATION IN ASTRONOMY
BY EVENING STUDY AT UCL
• Undergraduate Certificate in two years of part-time study beyond the level of ordinary evening classes, endorsed by the Royal Astronomical Society.
• No subject-related A-level requirements
• Ideal for those teaching GCSE and A-level Astronomy modules
• UCL’s Physics and Astronomy Department is top-rated for teaching and research
• One evening per week at UCL from 6pm to 9pm, located close to Euston Station in Central London
Providing an opportunity to study at Oxford from anywhere in the world, the University’s Department for Continuing Education is running ten-week tutor-led online courses, with multiple intakes throughout the year. Over 90 courses are available in 20 subject areas including Archaeology, Environment and Sustainability, Health Sciences, Mathematics, Physical Sciences and others.
National Mining Museum Scotland is a 5 star visitor attraction set in the wonderfully restored Lady Victoria Colliery in Newtongrange, just 5 minutes from the Edinburgh City by-pass and a 5 minute walk from Newtongrange Railway Station! Visitors can enjoy two floors of fascinating exhibitions before being met by an ex-miner guide for a tour of the colliery with insights into what life was like for the miners and their families. For more information and full events programme please see www.nationalminingmuseum.com or find National Mining Museum Scotland on Facebook!