Do you love to read great popular science and nonfiction? Join the Science Focus Book Club in reading Superior by Angela Saini and receive:
- Two free chapters from the book ready to download and read
- More science stories about race, research and genetics
- An exclusive interview, livestreamed on Facebook, with Angela answering your questions about the book.
- Great recommendations for more science titles to add to your bookshelves
- A community of other science book lovers on Facebook and Twitter
- Head over to Facebook and join our dedicated group
- Let us know you’re going to be reading with us and tweet using the hashtag #SFBookClub
- Share a picture on Instagram of you reading Superior
Time and time again, we see lives lost in the ultimate consequence of racism. This month, we think it’s right to shine a light on Superior, a book that looks at where scientific ideas of genetic inferiority came from and how it still impacts on our society today.
In Superior (£8.99, Fourth Estate), Angela Saini reveals that the study of racial differences continues, and that falsehoods about race and genetics never left the scientific literature.
Including interviews with historians and anthropologies, social scientists and geneticists, Superior is a critical look at 21st Century science. Dispelling myths and debunking claims, Saini’s pen is sharp as a knife. Read it, then read it again. – Amy Barrett, editorial assistant
Can’t wait for the Q&A session with Angela? Listen to our podcast episode with her from last year: