How do recycled plastic building bricks work?
Technology start-up ByFusion is currently developing machinery that can transform any waste plastic into building blocks.
1. Plastic rubbish is put into the machine
2. The rubbish moves along into a shredder that cuts the plastic into smaller pieces.
3. The plastic is then mixed with superheated water and compressed
4. The bricks emerge from the machine and can be used for building
5. The bricks can be fixed together with metal rods to create structures, before being coated with chicken wire and mortar
6. Any plastics can be used