Asked by: Anonymous
If you’ve looked after it well, there’s no reason why a vintage microwave should be dangerous. However, it is possible that the screen or rubber seals around the door may have perished, allowing some radiation to leak out.
For peace of mind, buy a microwave leakage tester. Many homeware and electrical stores sell them and, at about a fiver, they’re cheaper than buying a new oven.
- Why doesn’t a Cadbury’s Flake melt in the microwave?
- Can microwaves change the molecular structure of food?