New issue: Tired all the time?
Feeling tired? Us too. For many, a good night’s rest is hard to come by, with sleep disorders and deprivation at all-time highs. So are we sleepwalking into a national health crisis, or can something be done?
Moon photography masterclass
Astrophotographer Pete Lawrence shows you how to take great photos of the Moon using just a smartphone, then advance on to using a DSLR and telescope as you become more confident.
The race to save the northern white rhino
There are just two northern white rhinos left. And they’re both female. Can cutting-edge veterinary science and innovative cell biology save these iconic animals from extinction?
It's time to stop treating the midlife crisis as a joke. Far from being a period of existential angst and decline, our middle years can be a period of growth. Here's how you can embrace the mid-life crisis, explained by a psychologist.
Here come the xenobots: Miniature machines made from living frog cells have started to replicate. We delve into the science behind them and find out what these tiny bots could be used for.
Innovations: We look at some of the best tech (and weirdest gadgets) making waves at CES this year.
- Artificial intelligence: Dr Kate Darling looks at why AI often creates sexist responses, and why designers should take more responsibility for the content their creations produce.
- Nuclear fusion: Dr Katie Mack explains the strange science that underpins nuclear fusion, and how smashing atoms to create energy is a true marvel of nature.
Issue 388 on sale 16 February 2023
Subscribe to BBC Science Focus Magazine
Don’t forget that BBC Science Focus is also available on all major digital platforms. We have versions for Android, Kindle Fire and Kindle e-reader, as well as an iOS app for the iPad and iPhone.
- Try your first 6 issues for just £9.99 when you subscribe to BBC Science Focus Magazine.
- Risk - free offer! Cancel at any time when you subscribe via Direct Debit.
- FREE UK delivery.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the worlds of science and technology.