The science of Dune: Alien worlds, space colonies and superhumans
A deep dive into the ideas behind the sci-fi event of the decade.
The science of Dune
One of the decade’s most-anticipated sci-fi films hits the cinemas in October. We delve into the science, ideas and history behind it. Plus: we interview Dune’s production designer, Patrice Vermette.
The insect apocalypse
Prof Dave Goulson, author of Silent Earth, tells us why insects are in decline and how we can help our six-legged friends.
Fusion's time to shine
The ‘holy grail’ of energy has eluded scintists for decades, but could a bright future be on the horizon?
Give your home the probiotic makeover
Should we make our homes and cities more hospitable to beneficial microbes?
- Dr Michael Mosley on tracking your fart rate
- Take a sneak peek at some of the stunning images from the Bird Photographer of the Year awards.
Issue 369 on sale 6 October 2021
Subscription offers you will love!
- Spread the cost and pay just £3.50 per issue when you subscribe to BBC Science Focus Magazine.
- Alternatively, lock in for longer and pay just £37.99 per year, saving 51%!
- Risk - free offer! Cancel at any time when you subscribe via Direct Debit.
- FREE UK delivery.