In this week’s episode of the Science Focus Podcast, we talk to Professor Linda Scott, an expert in women’s economic development and Emeritus DP World Chair for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Oxford.
Her book, The Double X Economy, has been shortlisted for the Royal Society Science Book Prize 2020. In it, she argues that when we economically empower women, we all succeed.
Linda tells us about her work in women’s economics, why the number of women joining the workforce is slowing down, and her idea for an ’80 per cent Christmas’ to close the gender pay gap.
- Subscribe to the Science Focus Podcast on these services: Acast, iTunes, Stitcher, RSS, Overcast
- Read the full transcription [this will open in a new window]
Listen to more episodes of the Science Focus Podcast:
- Caroline Criado Perez: Does data discriminate against women?
- Pragya Agarwal: When does bias become prejudice?
- Why aren’t there more women in science?
- Angela Saini: Is racism creeping into science?
- Robert Elliott Smith: Are algorithms inherently biased?
- Matt Parker: What happens when maths goes horribly, horribly wrong?