There are few places left on Earth that have been untouched by humans, and biodiversity is being lost at an unprecedented rate.
Luckily, there are ambitious rewilding programmes around the world that aim to fix this by returning land to nature.
In this week’s episode of the Science Focus Podcast, we speak to Dr Andrea Perino, a scientist from the German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research and an expert on rewilding. She tells us about the benefits of rewilding, whether it’s acres of forest or just a tiny patch in your back garden.
Let us know what you think of the episode with a review or a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Listen to more episodes of the Science Focus Podcast:
- Mark Lynas: Could leaving nature to its own devices be the key to meeting the UK’s climate goals?
- Merlin Sheldrake: How have fungi shaped the world?
- Samantha Alger: What can we do to save the bees?
- Ross Barnett: Why should we be interested in prehistoric animals that aren’t dinosaurs?
- Sir David Attenborough: How can we save our planet?
- Brad Lister: Are we facing an insect apocalypse?