Dr John Bradshaw: Why we love pets
How deep is our connection to our pets? This week we reveal how our relationship with animals is actually one of the very things that makes us human.
Dr John Bradshaw, an anthrozoologist based at the University of Bristol, speaks to us about his new book, The Animals Among Us, which explores how deep our connection to our pets really goes, and reveals our relationship with animals is actually one of the very things that makes us human.
We also meet Dr Abigail Marsh, who was 19 when a total stranger saved her life. Ever since then, Dr Marsh spent her career studying the psychology of those who help strangers. She talks to us about her new book Good For Nothing, which looks at the science of selfless acts
Listen to more podcasts:
- The London Fatberg + Why you should break up with your phone
- How plants can survive space missions and Chernobyl
- Royal Institution Christmas Lectures past and present
- Building a base on the Moon, and crafting believable sci-fi
- How the petrol ban will work, and making psychosis in Hellblade believable