How the petrol ban will work, and making psychosis in Hellblade believable
Poor air quality is linked to nearly 40,000 early deaths in the UK, but will banning petrol and diesel by 2040 make any difference?
Poor air quality is linked to nearly 40,000 early deaths in the UK, so you can understand why the government is planning to ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars in the country by 2040. We ask Dr Stephen Hall, a research fellow at the School and Earth and Environment at Leeds University, whether this will make any difference.
We also speak to Professor Paul Fletcher, a clinical psychiatrist who worked on Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, about how they portrayed psychosis in the game.
Image © Keystone/Hulton Archive/Getty Images
Listen to more podcasts:
- The London Fatberg + Why you should break up with your phone
- How plants can survive space missions and Chernobyl
- Royal Institution Christmas Lectures past and present
- Building a base on the Moon, and crafting believable sci-fi
- Why we love pets, and the science of helping others