Since they were launched by Michael Faraday in 1825, the Royal Institution’s Christmas Lectures have become as synonymous with the festive season as mince pies and sherry. In this month’s podcast we look back at classic lectures from Christmases past with marine biologist and BBC Focus Q&A expert Helen Scales, and catch up with this year’s presenter, neuroscientist Sophie Scott.
Listen to more podcasts:
- The London Fatberg + Why you should break up with your phone
- How plants can survive space missions and Chernobyl
- Building a base on the Moon, and crafting believable sci-fi
- Why we love pets, and the science of helping others
- How the petrol ban will work, and making psychosis in Hellblade believable