Every Tuesday morning, physicist and science communicator Jim Al-Khalili presents the long-running radio programme The Life Scientific on BBC Radio 4. On 5 November 2019, the show celebrates its 200th episode, so we caught up with Jim just after recording this landmark show.
He talked to us about what it’s like to work on The Life Scientific, he fights the corner for creativity in science, and reveals why research and scientists keep him optimistic about the future.
Let us know what you think of the episode with a review or a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Listen to more episodes of the Science Focus Podcast:
- Dr Tilly Blyth: How has art influenced science?
- Richard Dawkins: Can we live in a world without religion?
- Bill Bryson: What should we know about how our bodies work?
- Gretchen McCulloch: How has the internet affected how we communicate?
- Monica Grady: What is the future of space science?
- Jim Al-Khalili: Why AI is not the enemy