Today on the Science Focus Podcast, we’re talking to Professor Monica Grady, planetary and space scientist.
Monica’s research spans to the Moon and beyond, and Asteroid 4731 is named Monicagrady, in honour of her contributions to the field.
Here, she speaks to editorial assistant Amy Barrett about working in the industry and the challenges faced by current and future space scientists.
Listen to more episodes of the Science Focus Podcast:
- How do you launch a successful space mission? – Mark McCaughrean
- Why is the Moon landing still relevant 50 years on? – Kevin Fong
- The mindset behind the Moon landing – Richard Wiseman
- What if the Earth’s magnetic field died? – Jim Al-Khalili
- The most mysterious objects in the Universe – Colin Stuart
- What NASA’s InSight will tell us about Mars – Bruce Banerdt