It’s estimated that there are currently more than six billion tonnes of plastic waste buried in land fill sites or floating on the surface of the ocean. Clearly something needs to be done but what exactly should we be doing?
In this episode of the Science Focus Podcast, Jason Goodyer, commissioning editor of BBC Focus magazine, speaks to materials scientist Mark Miodownik about the growing problem of plastic waste, what we should be doing about it, and why plastic isn’t always bad for the planet.
Listen to more Science Focus Podcast episodes:
- Changing our behaviour with virtual reality
- Transhumanism – using technology to live forever
- Nudge theory
- Adventures in brain enhancement
- The future of humanity with Michio Kaku
- The London Fatberg + Why you should break up with your phone