What's going on with the weather? – Dann Mitchell
This summer has been one of the hottest on record, so we asked climate change researcher Dann Mitchell what has caused the summer heatwave, can we expect more, and is there anything we can do about it?
This summer has been one of the hottest on record with temperatures reaching 35.1C in Surrey. The scientific consensus is that extreme weather such as this is being driven by changes in the climate due to human activity. But how exactly is this happening? Can we expect more of the same? And is there anything we can do about it? BBC Focus magazine's commissioning editor Jason Goodyer talks to Dr Dann Mitchell, a climate change researcher based at the University of Bristol, to find out more.
Listen to more Science Focus Podcast episodes:
- Wildfires past, present and future
- What asteroids can tell us about our Solar System
- Solving the plastic problem
- The future of humanity with Michio Kaku
- The London Fatberg + Why you should break up with your phone
- How the petrol ban will work, and making psychosis in Hellblade believable