International Women’s Day: The forgotten female scientists of history
Published: 08th March, 2021 at 08:00
Try 3 issues of BBC Science Focus Magazine for £5!
Science historians Anna Reser and Leila McNeill tell us about the women who engaged in science throughout history but don’t always get remembered.
Today is International Women’s Day, and in this episode of the Science Focus Podcast, online assistant Sara Rigby talks to science historians Anna Reser and Leila McNeill, authors of Forces of Nature: The Women who Changed Science (£20, Frances Lincoln).
They tell us about the women who engaged in science throughout history but don’t always get remembered – the midwives, the astronomers, and the wives and sisters.
Let us know what you think of the episode with a review or a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Subscribe to the Science Focus Podcast on these services: Acast, iTunes, Stitcher, RSS, Overcast
- Read the full transcription of this episode [this will open in a new window]
Listen to more episodes of the Science Focus Podcast:
Sara RigbyOnline staff writer, BBC Science Focus
May Half Price Sale
- Save up to 52% when you subscribe to BBC Science Focus Magazine.
- Risk - free offer! Cancel at any time when you subscribe via Direct Debit.
- FREE UK delivery.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the worlds of science and technology.