By day, Dr Becky is an astrophysicist, unravelling the mysteries of supermassive black holes, but by night she entertains science buffs like us on her YouTube channel.
In this week’s episode of the Science Focus Podcast she explains how to find a black hole (and why they’re actually incredibly bright), what an astrophysicist does all day, and why flooding YouTube with scientists is the best way to counteract disinformation and bogus theories.
Let us know what you think of the episode with a review or a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Listen to more episodes of the Science Focus Podcast:
- Kathryn D. Sullivan: What is it really like to walk in space?
- Monica Grady: What is the future of space science?
- Mark McCaughrean: How do you launch a successful space mission?
- Kevin Fong: Why is the Moon landing still relevant 50 years on?
- Bruce Banerdt: What NASA’s InSight will tell us about Mars
- Natalie Starkey” What asteroids can tell us about our Solar System