Strawberry supermoon: Full Moon photos from around the world
The last supermoon of 2021 has been lighting up the night's skies around the world.
On 24 June, the much-talked about Strawberry Moon graced the sky around the world. The sixth full Moon of 2021 didn’t disappoint, with photographers around the world capturing some astonishing images.
The Strawberry Moon is the largest full Moon of 2021, and the last supermoon of the year. The Moon’s elliptical orbit brought it slightly closer to the Earth, making it appear bigger and brighter in the sky than a normal full Moon.
Astrophotographers took full advantage of this to capture some stunning images of the phenomenon. Here are some of the best images we’ve seen from around the world.
If you are enjoying this gallery, why not take a look at some of our other great image sets:
- Playful puma cubs and their mother win WildArt Connections Photography award
- Latest images of California's Drought emergency
- The best photographs from the Solar eclipse 2021
New York, USA
Kuwait City, Kuwait
James Cutmore is the picture editor of BBC Science Focus Magazine, researching striking images for the magazine and on the website. He is also has a passion for taking his own photographs
- Try your first 6 issues for just £9.99 when you subscribe to BBC Science Focus Magazine.
- Risk - free offer! Cancel at any time when you subscribe via Direct Debit.
- FREE UK delivery.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the worlds of science and technology.