In this week’s episode of the Science Focus Podcast, we talk to Dr Kat Arney about cancer.
Kat is a science writer and broadcaster, and founder of the science communication consultancy First Create The Media. Her book, Rebel Cell is out now.
She reveals how tissue becomes a tumour, how cells migrate to help cancer spread, and what scientists are doing right now to better understand the disease.
Let us know what you think of the episode with a review or a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Subscribe to the Science Focus Podcast on these services: Acast, iTunes, Stitcher, RSS, Overcast
- Read the full transcription [this will open in a new window]
Listen to more episodes of the Science Focus Podcast:
- Matt Parker, Helen Arney and Steve Mould: What links coffee, snowflakes and frogs?
- Professor Catharina Svanborg: Is the cure for cancer hiding in human breast milk?
- Is gene editing inspiring or terrifying? – Nessa Carey
- Can we slow down the ageing process? – Sue Armstrong
- Eating for your genes – Giles Yeo
- How to get a good night’s sleep – Alice Gregory