In this week’s episode of the Science Focus Podcast, we talk to the “real-life Iron Man” – not Marvel’s Tony Stark, but inventor Richard Browning.
He’s the creator of the ‘Jet Suit’, which can fly one person through the air at speeds of 135km/h. He’s also founder and chief test pilot of Gravity Industries and author of new book Taking on Gravity (£20, Bantam Press).
He explains his quite literal rise to success – and the future of human flight.
Let us know what you think of the episode with a review or a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Listen to more episodes of the Science Focus Podcast:
- Podcast: Why realistic humanoid robots need to learn to lip-sync
- Ritu Raman: Can you build with biology?
- Dr Erin Macdonald: Is there science in Star Trek?
- Meet the computer scientist teaching an AI to play Dungeons and Dragons
- How virtual reality is helping patients with phobias, anxiety disorders and more
- Dr Pete Etchells: Do video games encourage gambling behaviour?