This week on the Science Focus Podcast, we’re joined by Dr Pete Etchells, a professor of psychology with a particular interest how video games affect our mood and behaviour.
Pete is also the author of the book Lost in a Good Game (£14.99, Icon Books) which explores why we love video games, and what they do for us.
Today we’re talking about the relationship between gambling and video games: what we know and what don’t. We want you to help us with the research, so if you’d like to get involved in a real-life scientific study that could shape the conversation around gaming and gambling, stay tuned and listen in for details at the end.
Let us know what you think of the episode with a review or a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Subscribe to the Science Focus Podcast on these services: Acast, iTunes, Stitcher, RSS, Overcast
- Read the full transcription [this will open in a new window]
Listen to more episodes of the Science Focus Podcast:
- Pete Etchells: Are video games good for us?
- Project Discovery: Could computer games help find a cure for COVID-19?
- The neuroscience of happiness – Dean Burnett
- Dr Julia Shaw: Why do we do bad things?
- Anthony David: Why is there still such stigma around mental health?
- Brendan Walker: Where is the best place to sit on a rollercoaster?