In this week’s episode of the Science Focus Podcast, we talk to Hugo Zeberg, a geneticist working at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm.
Hugo has just published a paper that suggests those of us with a certain set of genes inherited from Neanderthals may suffer from more severe effects of COVID-19.
Let us know what you think of the episode with a review or a comment wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Subscribe to the Science Focus Podcast on these services: Acast, iTunes, Stitcher, RSS, Overcast
- Read the full transcription [this will open in a new window]
Listen to more episodes of the Science Focus Podcast:
- Dr Rachel Brown: Why are some COVID-19 patients suffering from neurological complications?
- Project Discovery: Could computer games help find a cure for COVID-19?
- Elisa Raffaella Ferrè: What happens to the brain in space?
- Sandro Galea: What is the difference between health and medicine?
- Nessa Carey: Is gene editing inspiring or terrifying?
- Dean Burnett: What’s going on in the teenage brain?